Setting up an effective homework space
Location of the space
Your homework/study space should aim to include the following:
- Good lighting
- Comfortable temperature
- Plenty of ambient light, with task lighting preferred.
- Quiet with minimimal distractions such as TV, music, phone or household activity.
- A desk or flat, hard surface with room to spread out.
- Comfortable seating.
supplies & equipment
To ensure you can complete the tasks required, set up your desk/workspace with the following stationary items:
- Writing supplies including pencils, pens, markers and erasers
- Paper supplies including ruled loose leaf, printer paper, art paper and graph paper
- Art supplies such as scissors, tape and glue
- A Dictionary/Thesaurus
- Math supplies including a calculator, protractor, compass and ruler
Schedules and planners
To assist you in managing your time, include some resources on the walls to organise your study sessions:
- A calendar including assessment or exam due dates
- A weekly schedule planner
- A to-do list and goals for each session
- Any personal quotes or inspiration to help keep you focued